Akiva's Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I Want My Mommy

In which Akiva spent the day with his head in a toilet.

Ugh,

Today was NOT a good day. I woke up just after 7 A.M. and ran to bathroom puking. I proceeded over the next few hours to puke everything out of my system. Pretty...I know. So was seeing the Pepto Bismal, and later the Tylenol come up into the toilet too. I wasn't even holding down water.

I was stupid enough to even attempt to make it to the meeting I had at 2 qith the deisngers of my show, but I had to stop at the Subway stop (RIGHT beside myhouse by the way), and decided it wasn't such a hot idea. I finally ate toast at like 7:30 P.M. and it stayed down, so hopefully it will be gone tomorrow.

The one thing I do have to say is that no matter how independant a person is, once you get sick you realize how much you don't even want to be. All I wanted was a phone so I could call my mother, just to hear her voice. Gah...I love my mommy and miss her, and TOTALLY appreciate everything she has done for me.

As for me I need a good sleep to build up the immune system. I'll update a bit later about all my classes and such.

Your Sick Pal,

Akiva

4 Comments:

At Sun Sep 11, 10:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger rlrabino said...

i'm not going to tell you I told you not to go to the meeting in the first place!! This is why you must always have the essentials on hand. Those being chicken soup, teabags, honey and lemon. :)
Love ya!

 
At Mon Sep 12, 03:25:00 PM PDT, Blogger Colleen! said...

gaaaah i feel ya! just wait till i blog about my bad morning at school. Anyhow you need to get your phone working so you can call mommy and ME (wait isn't that a class for moms and babies?) .. anyhow, everyone should have someone to take care of them when they're sick... is your roommate not the mothering type? well he should learn

Love
Colleen

 
At Mon Sep 12, 04:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger Belle said...

Take it from the girl who worked at a GI clinic all summer,bananas, apples, rice, toast, and water, that's all you should be having in your stomach. Gravel and mexetral(I think it's perscription) are good for nauseous, any other drugs won't do anything(Pepto Bismal) or will further iratate your stomach(Tylenol). If you have terrible stomach pains, and continue vomitting, go to a clinic that is set up to give IVs, when you have stomach flu and severe dehydration IVs are the best.

 
At Mon Sep 12, 07:08:00 PM PDT, Blogger plouffmeister said...

yeh, i thought i drank too much too
but i was wrong
hope you get better soon, akiva
alex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home